New Transformers Universe Screenshots from Jagex Show Off Brawlers In Action; Female Bot Modes

Peter_Van

transformers-universe-autobot-brawler-1__scaled_100.jpg
Kotaku had the chance to see a trailer of the new Transformers Universe browser-based massively multiplayer online (MMO) game from Jagex and have some screenshots from the trailer. Like the previous two trailers, they are not in-game and are very stylized. The images provided to Kotaku show off the Autobot and Decepticon Brawler class and female Autobot and Decepticons designs. Read more.. Read the Full News Story Here

I'm pretty stoked for this.

Why?

I'm not a role player, or a fan of mmo's. I'm definately not a fan of playing games on a computer.

However, I have enjoyed reading MUSH logs before (even tried playing them, didn't work out) and found that I liked the interactions and stuff that came from playing these games. So basically, I see with this game a chance to play this type of game in a way I might be able to enjoy (thats still to be decided, as I havent played it yet) and have myself some dorky fun. Sure I expect a million idiots trolling it up. I also expect a million people who's best effort will be quoting Optimus Prime lines.

I know some are going to be turned away because the visual style is similar to TF Prime. Storyline wise, I like the Prime show. it's not perfect, but what TF show has been in the eyes of the fans? It's like it's a kids show or something. I like the visual style, so it doesnt bother me. Also, I've really liked the story and setting of the whole Aligned/Prime setting as well as enjoyed Exodus (I have Exiles, but waititng for my upcoming leg surgery to really dive in, all that bed rest will work out). Really, and seriosuly really for the old TF fan crowd, the setting provides a good platform for those old arguments about Autobots and Decepticon causes. Before all one had was a random line or odd scene for why they were for the Decepticons way of thought. Now, they have a fleshed out version of the Con's mindset. Of course they'd have to get over the not G1... not the old G1 thing.

Archived