Review: RTS Lugnut Figure

Blitz-Wing

100.jpg
It always seems that Hasbro discontinues a line right when the selection gets good. Take Lugnut, for example. He was to be part of the first and only Voyager class wave to hit the Reveal the Shield subline. Unfortuantely for him, that release came a bit too close to Dark of the Moon. You can go on the hunt through various clearance chains such as TJ Maxx or Marshalls to find him, but is he worth the exercise? Read the review here to find out!

I actually found him yesterday at a local resale guy I deal with. I like him a lot, but I have two gripes: The lack of locking points or tabs which can make him a little floppy at times and the nose of his alt mode is made from that crappy soft plastic, and therefor does not close well in alt mode(I have a large seam running underneath where it won't close properly).

Beyond that, I'd definitely recommend as a solid buy if you can find him, but don't pay through the nose for him him either.

The nose of my RtS Lugnut closes fine. My Animated Lugnut on the other hand doesn't. (>_>) This toy is a massive improvement over his Animated counterpart which I always thought was a sorely disappointing toy.

Beyond that, I'd definitely recommend as a solid buy if you can find him, but don't pay through the nose for him him either.

I agree. Then again, that's how I feel about virtually every Transformer toy. :)

I have problems with BOTH Lugnut figures....In the fact that the Animated version sucks so I won't buy it, and I don't have the RTS one, allthough I want on so bad..

I just went to every Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and Ross store within like 50 miles of me and there were NO Lugnuts to be found, even though every one of those stores I went to had him like a week ago...now that I actually WANT him, of course, they don't have him anywhere. T_T

They came out here really briefly -- I passed up on him, then they were all gone. Grappel was always ridiculously scarce though. But I was in China earlier this year (late-March through to early May) and I found both Lugnut and Grappel in several different provinces at both collectable stores and regular retailers too. Mind you, finding stores that sell LEGIT Transformers in China can be pret-ty hard (*sigh*), but if you can, those figures seemed not that hard to find. So maybe see if you know any Asian-based collectors who can help you?

P.S.: Because I couldn't find Grappel anywhere locally, I went and got United Grapple online. United Grapple literally arrived at my doorstep as I was about to leave for the airport. So I brought him along with me so I could play with him on the plane - so naturally I had the toy with me while I was in China. So when I did find Grappel there, I felt a bit funny walking around with Grapple, but decided to take the opportunity to take a side-by-side comparison pic:

comparison_grappelgrapple.jpg

And here's a store shelf with Lugnut (or "Nut Convoy" as some people call him :P)

collectablestore2.jpg

P.P.S.: I posted some action pics of RtS Lugnut here :)

I think this figure is highly underrated because everyone associates it with the POS Animated one. If you can get one I recommend him. I love airplanes and this one is a great counterpart to Highbrow if you own him as well.

Archived