SDCC 2011 - Transformers Cartoons Evolution Panel

BaCon

DSCN3166__scaled_100.jpg
SDCC Transformers news winds down with the Transformers Evolution cartoon panel. hosted by Hasbro and ShowT Factory. Not a lot of news or reveals on the news front, but we do get overview of the cartoons from the USA and Japan with details on how these toons have been translated for news release. Check out the presentation given by Jarry Jevoin, JE Alverez, Brad Ward, Matt Proulxn after the jump. Read the Full News Story Here

It would have killed Hasbro to get the names and concepts right

At least they got God Ginrai right

Though in Japan the Powermasters were known as Godmasters

It would have killed Hasbro to get the names and concepts right

At least they got God Ginrai right

Though in Japan the Powermasters were known as Godmasters

No they didn't. The cab+trailer supermode is Super Ginrai,not God Ginrai. That + Godbomber is God Ginrai. There is no such thing as "Super God Ginrai".

He is still God Ginrai in the original Cartoon. Just be glad they didn't try to call him Optimus Prime. Even knowing that when most people will watch the Transformers Masterforce series. THey will be up in Arms because htye don't know that God Ginrai is the name of PM Optimus Prime in Japan, and that God Ginrai is a completely different character then Optimus Prime is. I just hope they stay with Black Shadow and not rename him Sky Shadow like what they are doing for him upcoming Generations release

He is still God Ginrai in the original Cartoon. Just be glad they didn't try to call him Optimus Prime. Even knowing that when most people will watch the Transformers Masterforce series. THey will be up in Arms because htye don't know that God Ginrai is the name of PM Optimus Prime in Japan, and that God Ginrai is a completely different character then Optimus Prime is. I just hope they stay with Black Shadow and not rename him Sky Shadow like what they are doing for him upcoming Generations release

Well, technically, unless he's merged with his trailer & Godbomber, he's just Ginrai, but point taken. If I want to hear him called "Mr. Optimus Prime" I'll watch the dub from the 80s. :tflaugh Anyone who actually pays attention to the story will know that this show's Big Red Truck isn't Optimus, IMO the Japanese show should have the Japanese names for things, especially since this is a somewhat limited, fan-oriented release. Even Godmaster isn't quite the same thing as Powermaster, despite using the same toy molds and gimmick. The fictional interpretation is very different. That's why I object to using the Western not-quite-equivalent.

This isn't like the Unicron Trilogy where the characters and concepts are the same, just with occasionally different names for different audiences. Masterforce is completely different from Hasbro's take on the same concepts & toys.

Basically, these are classic anime, at least to this TF fan. I'd like them to try to retain as much of the Japanese flavor as possible.

At least they didn't refer to Minerva as Nightbeat. :tfgrin

I will agree with you on al lof that, I just hope they stuck with the original Japanese names for the concepts also. I hope they don't refer to the mini transformers as minicons. That would ruin it completely

Chestmasters = Breastmasters

Deathsaurus = Deszaras

Super God Ginrai = GOD GINRAI!

Road Ceaser = Road Caesar

They even misspelled Caesar LOL

BaCon did anybody even ask about the name changes? or the misspellings?

Archived