Botcon 2011 - Transformers Generations Rage For Cybertron TRU 3-Pack Revealed

BaCon

Just in is yet more news from Botcon 2011 with an update following the announcement that Transformers Generations would continue in 2011. Well here is our first taste with a Toys R' Exclusive 3-pack release of Megatron, Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. These figures feature some new paint apps with Cybertronian writing / designs. Megatron and Optimus Prime have clear plastic elements worked into the molds. Read the Full News Story Here

That's actually a pretty cool set. I would pay for these molds twice (or in the case of BB/CJ thrice) especially if these designs have a more Cybertronian look to them.

So is Generations TRULY going to continue (ie new molds) or just limp along with repaints until the only left to do is put it out of its shelf-warming misery?

Of course it's a three pack of figures you can get at nearly any store rather than ones that are impossible to find at retail. :(

New paint isn't bad, but I wouldn't buy it new.

Emerje

Of course it's a three pack of figures you can get at nearly any store rather than ones that are impossible to find at retail. :(

New paint isn't bad, but I wouldn't buy it new.

Emerje

Hasbro said they would make it right and find a good "home" for RTS. I am assuming this means they will be released on amazon along side unicron en-mass. So everyone gets a chance to buy them. Hopefully this is also true with the last 2 waves of PCC, seeing as it was the only good wave of the series.

Anyways, does anyone else think that megatron is actually supposed to be a homage to galvatron or something? Because most of his torso appears to be colored in the same color of transparent plastic as the ehobby "evolution" set. The silver bits could also be a homage to g1 galvatron's toy. If this is the case, I wish they would had just made a retooled head to start and did a proper redeco. Because this mold soooo works as galvatron, its defiantly alot better than the universe 2.0 mold.

Also prime is totally a homage to "fireguts convoy" which was a fiery redeco of powermaster prime :D

Oh wow. These are nice, but I can see some Toy swaping issues here. I mean, remember all the fuss about the "Premium series" Transformers, and how Hasbro had "Screwed us over" because they released the "earlier" versions of the Transformer first? Yeah, I would watch out for those....

That's actually a pretty cool set. I would pay for these molds twice (or in the case of BB/CJ thrice) especially if these designs have a more Cybertronian look to them.

So is Generations TRULY going to continue (ie new molds) or just limp along with repaints until the only left to do is put it out of its shelf-warming misery?

We already know its going to be repaints.Did you forget already?According to the instruction from stuff we already have.Kup,Scourge,Thunderwing,Wreckgar......cant think of any other instruction with different heads.Help?

Oh yeah Warpath to Hardhead........

:lame Repaints Galore! Only they would release a 3 pack of figures that everyone could find and not release the ones that everyone can't find and WANTS!

I agree that a Set of 3 Seekers either the Classic / Coneheads being a better choice than these. I would also suggest a Wreck-gar set or a Galvatron with Scourge set.

Archived