BotCon 2011 - Transformers Collectors Club 2012 Freebie Is Runamuck; Runabout & SG Drift are Exclusives

Peter_Van

We just got back from the BotCon 2011 Transformers Collectors Club Roundtable where we just learned that the Club exclusives for 2012 will be Runabout and Shattered Glass Drift! The freebie for club members will be Runamuck. The Runabout and Runamuck will utilize the Transformers Generations Wheeljack mold with brand-new heads while Shattered Glass Drift will receive a reverse paint-scheme redeco, with mainly red colors and some white accents. The Drift figure will have one major difference from his mass-retail release: the figure will sport the guns that came with Generations Blurr (itself a redeco of the Drift mold) instead of the swords. Take a look at the shots, available after the jump! Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think i'm going to join now. those figures look great and i don't feel like trying to track them down post release like Punch/Counter. I just watched one sell for $140 on ebay. and this is a figure people got free for joining a club right?

i think i'm going to join now. those figures look great and i don't feel like trying to track them down post release like Punch/Counter. I just watched one sell for $140 on ebay. and this is a figure people got free for joining a club right?

No, that was Dion, a repaint of Universe Hot Shot. I think that Punch/Counterpunch sold for around $45. It's still better than $140, though.

Tehnically, yes and no. Runamuck will be the annual member figure, while Runabout will be a purchasable item along with Drift.

No, that was Dion, a repaint of Universe Hot Shot. I think that Punch/Counterpunch sold for around $45. It's still better than $140, though.

I paid $60 for Punch/Counterpunch plus $40 for the membership. Worth every cent.

Tehnically, yes and no. Runamuck will be the annual member figure, while Runabout will be a purchasable item along with Drift.

If they're going to give me Runamuck I hardly have a choice but to buy Runabout. What a racquet.

Also, that is a truly horrific avatar pic Blitz.

If they're going to give me Runamuck I hardly have a choice but to buy Runabout. What a racquet.

Also, that is a truly horrific avatar pic Blitz.

It is, isn't it? It called to me. I'm deranged like that.

I just hope they don't make the same mistake they made with Punch/Counterpunch and underestimate the demand. At that time they didn't factor in that so many people would want two and it sold out quickly. This time they've made the club incentive figure's partner their store exclusive so the demand is going to be incredibly high once again. If they don't consider that around 75% or more of their members are going to want this figure then they're going to be leaving a lot of angry fans out in the cold.

BTW, anyone know when this years exclusive Sideburn is due to ship? I've only heard them talk about Ramjet and Cheetor.

Emerje

Archived