Review: RTS Perceptor Figure

Blitz-Wing

100.jpg
Did you have your hopes up of collecting your very own Animated Perceptor figure? Hasbro is ready to make it up to you since they canceled it and all. How about a shiny new Reveal the Shield figure instead? G1 robot goodness with a dash of Animated alt mode thrown in to make both parties happy. Click on the link to check out the review!

Hmm... It's a bit of a stretch, but Paul Eiding plays the character Colonel Roy Campbell in the Metal Gear Solid games. The character of Roy Campbell appears in 5 of the games (Mr. 5) and has a radio frequency of 140.85 (1409, if you round up). Like I said, it's a stretch, but it covers the bases.

Kind of interesting that they (sorta) decided to use his Animated alt mode; although, looking through Animated Almanac II, the thing I found really endearing about it was that he was supposed to be a triple changer. Truck AND Giant Microscope!

I guess I kind of wish they'd done something like that for this figure, but I suppose since they were going to be reusing the mold for something else, it probably seemed like kind of a waste perhaps?

I dunno, I probably need to stop typing before this turns into an all out lament of the toys we'll never see from Animated. :/

Agreement from me over the lamentation for the lost Animated Perceptor toy. But all that aside I am happy as hell with mine, and even gave him Blurrs long rifle and stuck him with the rest of the Wreckers on the display shelf. And yeah his backpack does fit flush, it just takes some effort at first.

I really see Perceptor being repainted as Soundwave. The chest cover works, though I would like it if they removed the treads and replaced it with just a regular rear axel, to help differentiate the alt modes some.

Archived