Masterpiece Rodimus To Be Offered as TRU Exclusive Worldwide

BaCon

Looks like Masterpiece Rodimus will be making its way around the planet. Good news for fans out side Japan, Member Omega Prime over at TFW has posted listings from the Toys R Us UK inventory system. The list includes the item "TF Masterpiece Rodimus - 309311" as well as mnay others going by such interested names as "Cyberverse," "Energo," and "Megaverse" Check out the listings and post your comments after the jump. Omega Prime clams that "Rodimus was listed as a global exclusive." Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is indeed great news. I would also like to know if the trailer will be a part of the TRU exclusive. I feel it's only fair that TRU announces trailer or no trailer upfront. I need to know if I should pre-order now or hold off until it's cheaper. ;-)

I was really miffed when I first heard that the US release might be losing the trailer; but the more I think about it the more I realize I don't really care if he can assume Winnebago mode or not. Sure I thought it was awesome when I was in like... 3rd grade when I saw the movie for the first time, but now that I'm older... ehn? Seriously, it's a Winnebago... :/

Awesome news, but are the rumors of no trailer that have been going around true?

If it brings a big price drop with it, I hope so...

I wish it did have the trailer. Sure, the toy would cost more, but it would still be less than Takara-Tomy's MP Rodimus.

according to: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/generation-2-laser-optimus-prime-trailbreaker-to-be-released-in-generations--2010-main-line-170615/ (and the OTFCC magazine, TFW's original source)

Masterpiece Rodimus Prime will be seeing a US release - without his trailer. He'll be a store exclusive and might come with some new accessories to balance out not having the trailer.

With it being revealed in the OTFCC magazine, it's pretty much confirmed.

I was really miffed when I first heard that the US release might be losing the trailer; but the more I think about it the more I realize I don't really care if he can assume Winnebago mode or not. Sure I thought it was awesome when I was in like... 3rd grade when I saw the movie for the first time, but now that I'm older... ehn? Seriously, it's a Winnebago... :/

The most badass winnebago ever. It's got flames and stuff.

So he can transform into the Winnebago cab.... but not have the actual Winnebago? Yeah, that's nice. :roll What accessories could possibly balance out not having half the required figure? A light saber and a robotic battle dummy? :tflaugh

So he can transform into the Winnebago cab.... but not have the actual Winnebago? Yeah, that's nice. :roll What accessories could possibly balance out not having half the required figure? A light saber and a robotic battle dummy? :tflaugh

According to a rumor posted by Anthonyprime ages ago, US MP Rodimus is get a Targetmaster. I wouldn't mind the robotic battle dummy, though. Bzzt Timeouttimeouttimeout!

That said, given that they've designed Rodimus to work both Pre-Matrix, and post-Matrix, I wouldn't say we're getting half a required figure. It's not like we're getting a Rodimus front and a pair of bare legs just sticking out, at least.

Archived