Review: RTS Special Ops Jazz Figure

Blitz-Wing

100.jpg
Since 2007, fans have been dying to see Jazz return to his G1 roots. With Reveal The Shield, that hope has come. Jazz not only gets his old paint job back, but gets a look that captures his original essence. But is regression a good thing? Find the answer in this review.

Actually, aren't his legs somewhat mistransformed? Most shots I've seen have the back of the car angled so the rear bumper points upward, and only the silver part of his feet touch the ground. This would make him a bit taller.

What is with this trend of making the obvious clear area on the helmet but no actual eye piping? Seems to come up a lot lately.

My first transformer ever bought was Jazz. This clearly pays homage to the original. I do agree the back is rather bland and there could have been more done to it. I was also hoping that his G1 Missle Launcher might have been included which would have been pretty sweet. RTS Special Ops Jazz is actually one of the taller deluxe figure (he's actually on par with Classics Sunstreaker when you transform the lower legs all the way up) His face I agree does look moody but it's also on par with his G1 counterpart. If possible I would love to see this mold used again for the rare targetmaster Stepper aka Ricochet! It's gotta be done. Also I'm hoping that if a Trailbreaker figure does come out they make it a voyager class =)

nice review but you mis-transformed his legs... they ar a bit tight at first but they roll bacak through the panels by the fin so he stands a half an inch taller and doesn't look like a midget

Mistransformed and incorrect about the light piping. The visor is part of the blue section on the back of his head, which is for said piping.

I completely agree on the back being blan but someone has fixed that issues (mind you for himself) over on TFW2005 Radicons section. He goes by the user name of yinothing. Here is the page http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/345551-jazz.html . As for the legs, pull them down boy, lol. He does look like a midget right now but, when fully transformed, everything works quite nicely. One more little thing, The speakers, when attached to the gun, fold flat agaist it to make a sorta quadrople barrel gun. Still, love the review (other then the things stated above).

WOW! Gotta have that figure! Can't find him anywhere in my area yet. Hopefully by the end of next week otherwise it's all about the Internet in acquiring him!

The only thing I do not care for on this figure is that goofy spoiler that sits so high on the back end. Anyone know if that thing can be removed?

its on a pin, with a hinge assembly under it. theoretically it can be done, just knock the pin out then you can shave the hinge assembly down with an exacto blade. personally i dont mind it.

blitz, im sure youre sick of the "you tfed it wrong dood" comments, but is this how its portrayed in the instructions?

also, hidden feature, you can combine the speakers with the pistol to make an uber pistol. check out peaghs update to his jazz review for details

Archived