Hasbro to Rename Stunticon Power Core Combiner Figure

BaCon

Thanks to Hasbro's Lead Designer Eric Siebenaler who has reported on Facebook that "Spastic," the Transformers Power Core Combiner action figure will be renamed. This is due to the UK public demanding the Stunticons set that included the Transformers toy be changed due to the derogatory nature of the name. Despite the fact the toy was not planned for release in the UK. Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was previously posted that the name caused a stir with UK residents. This article is stating that they will rename the figure to appease the UK residents. Consider this a follow-up article :)

On that note, the arguement has been made, worn out and shut down. This isn't the place to rekindle it. Anyone that tries to rekindle it will be given a formal warning. Let sleeping dogs lie, please :deadhorse

Now Hasbro can call it Decepticon Dragstrip, which is what it should have been called in the first place. At the very least it should have been a variation on that name, just like Grimstone of the PCC Dinobots.

Personally, the correct opportunity was missed. I would have been happy if Crankcase came with a repainted Rallybots set and had been named Motormaster or Menasor. I suppose that made too much sense though.

So is this figure going to be called "Spastic" in the US or is it being re-adjusted across the English released figures?

I personally wouldn't mind the latter.

How spastic...oh well. I completely agree with your statement about the "correct opportunity" being missed, Blitz. Don't think grabbing the Destrons and Rallybots haven't crossed many of our minds...someone will make repaints! ;) I still think the-bot-formerly-known-as-Spastic looks pretty rockin' though...maybe someone will kitbash a few of these commanders together.

Archived