Power Core Combiners Sunticons and Commander 2-Packs

BaCon

Thanks to Tformers sponsor BigBadToyStore who has posted new pre-order listings for the coming waves of Transformers Power Core Combiners action figures. The listings includes pages for the Stunticons 5-pack set that features the G1 homage of Drag Strip serving as the commander Spastic. There are also two new Commander 2-packs listed for Salvage the Mudslinger redeco with Chainclaw redeco Bomburst as well as Undertow with Waterlog.Check out all the listings and images now at BigBadToyStore.com. Read the Full News Story Here

I like the paint scheme on Salvage a lot better than Mudslinger's. Undertow looks awesome! Now I agree on how the stunticons should have used the black huffer repaint. On the other hand, Hasblow is painting themselves into a corner with the mix-and-match on the drones at this point. using 2 of the destructicons SORTA works here, but what next? Based on the pattern of repainting the 2-pak figs and giving them mixed drones, we're either gonna see a bulldozer or a snowcat mixed with 2 road warrior type drones and 2 sports car drones. That wont make any sense at all. Leadfoots repaint with doubleclutch's drones would have worked just fine, and Mudlslinger's would have worked with icepick or sledge's repaint. But how the hell are they gonna have 2 dinosaur drones and 2 construction vehicle drones once it comes time for Grimstone and Steamhammer to get the repaint treatment? Thats just gonna look idiotic.

I like the paint scheme on Salvage a lot better than Mudslinger's. Undertow looks awesome! Now I agree on how the stunticons should have used the black huffer repaint. On the other hand, Hasblow is painting themselves into a corner with the mix-and-match on the drones at this point. using 2 of the destructicons SORTA works here, but what next? Based on the pattern of repainting the 2-pak figs and giving them mixed drones, we're either gonna see a bulldozer or a snowcat mixed with 2 road warrior type drones and 2 sports car drones. That wont make any sense at all. Leadfoots repaint with doubleclutch's drones would have worked just fine, and Mudlslinger's would have worked with icepick or sledge's repaint. But how the hell are they gonna have 2 dinosaur drones and 2 construction vehicle drones once it comes time for Grimstone and Steamhammer to get the repaint treatment? Thats just gonna look idiotic.

We will see, i would not be surprised if there are commanders and drones we have yet to see that will balance out the drone combos.

We will see, i would not be surprised if there are commanders and drones we have yet to see that will balance out the drone combos.

I think some will obviously get the repaint treatment, but I'm not convinced all will (e.g., Dinobots and/or Constructicons). However, we've already seen another construction commander (Sledge), so I think it's conceivable that we could potentially see another dino-type commander. With the repaint mixing and matching though, it seems to me that they know exactly what they're doing...think about it, "Let's do the black repaint of Huffer to resemble 'Motormaster', then we'll release a separate set labeled 'Stunticons'...the kids will buy whatever, but the collectors will feel the need to buy both to create a more G1-like 'Menasor'!" Win/Win for Hasbro... $$! And plenty will do it. :)

Archived