Transformers Reveal the Shield Mindset In and Out of Package

BaCon

Thanks to TaoBao seller TFclub who have posted a handful of new images of the Transformers Reveal the Shield Mindset action figures on the card. Mindset is homage to the G1 character who has been made from a redeco of the Hunt For The Decepticon Hailstorm action figure. Check out the images and character bio summary after the jump. Read the Full News Story Here

Which makes adding him of all characters to a toy line designed to draw the line between the two main factions a rather unusual choice. Even more unusual is giving him an Autobot symbol when the Cybertronian Empire's symbol was the G2 Decepticon symbol.

But the figure does look awesome, much better than the original green version. Really love the use of cobalt blue and gunmetal gray. For the first time the figure actually looks as good as the photoshop. Really nice paint and details, almost looks like a custom repaint.

And really, now many opportunities will you have to own a Mindset figure?

Emerje

Wasn't he a "Cybertronian" in the comics? Not Autobot or Decepticon?

Still a bad guy technically. So I'm pretty disappointed. Though earlier I was turned onto the idea of this being him pre Cybertronian Empire and I'm a little more open.

It's still a figure of a character I've wanted forever though, so of course I'll grab one.

I will get this repaint, only because of the head sculpt and the awesome blue coloring. I like this head sculpt way better than Hailstorms, but I like both figures. Don't normally get repaints unless there is at least a head retool as well.

I like that they are bringing back the rub signs. The gimmick worked in the 80's why not 25 years later. The Technology is there right? lol. Would have been really cool if they used the E-paper for them and a spy the symbol could actually change.

Archived