Animated Hydrodive Bumblebee Gallery; Reveals Lone Figure Smaller Than Deluxe

Peter_Van

Thanks to an image gallery from GenZhao, we have learned that the TakaraTomy's Transformers Animated Hydrodive Bumblebee figure without all of his armor is smaller than the Deluxe Bumblebee figure in the line. With the armor on, the figure is classified as a voyager class. Unfortunately, Hasbro's plans to release this figure in the U.S. have not seemed to go move anywhere, and we are left in the dark about their release plans. We have a highlight of the image gallery after the jump, with the rest available at KOToys. The figure will be available later this month in Japan. Read the Full News Story Here

Oh yeah I so want that but I also want Sidearm Sideswipe, Terroedive, Incecticon, the repaint of skystalker (cos I could find the original one) but I have no funds to spend on cool toys :( Oh well...

I'd like to have the bot as a stand alone figure. Bumbles is my least favorite thing about my Animated collection due to his being so far out of scale (along with Lugnut for the same reason.) I'd love to have a smaller BB. I with they had made the Samurai version of Prowl smaller too.

However, I definitely do not want this in Japan's metallic color scheme as it would not match the rest of my collection. *sigh*

Yeah, reading this thread I see that everyone is echoing my dislike of the metallic paint on this one.

It's worked on a couple of the Takara figures, but I think this is a good example of how NOT to do it; the way only some of it is metallic and the rest is Matte yellow is just really... tacky.

I'll wait and hope Hasbro finally goes through with their promise to release this stateside.

Going as to how little Animated toys are selling in MY area, i would see WHY hasbro is kinda resistant on putting out the last few animated. Just cuz us fans want these toys doesnt mean they will "make money". In order to make money the kids would have to want them and without a dvd release, or a show on the air its less likely kids will follow suit.

I dont think the metallic looks BAD neccesarily, it just doesnt go with our Hasbro collection. In its own, it looks good together (takara TF:A with takara TF:A). Still, i like this and wish Hasbro WOULD release this at least with BBTS as thier exclusive sponsor

Archived