PCC 5 Pack Wave 3 Preorders now Available.

Liege Evilmus

BBTS has preorder listings for the Power Core Combiner Destron, & Protectobot sets.

Destron is a redeco of wave 1 Huffer who traded his minicon for a set of drones, While Protectobot features a redeco of wave 1 Smolder doing the same. The drones are a mix and match from the Aerialbots and Combaticons sets.

Each are available individualy for $24.99, or paired for $47.99. The figures are expected for a September arrival.

Destrons

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS19177&mode=retail

Protectobots

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS19176&mode=retail

Combiner 5-Packs Series 03 - Set of 2 - Protectobots & Destrons

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS19175&mode=retail

post-13168-067522200 1282412100.jpg

post-13168-003059700 1282412170.jpg

post-13168-028408700 1282412111.jpg

I've had these on pre-order from BBTS since July, I just don't have time anymore to go "Transformer Hunting" like I use to. I just wish the Protectobots didn't come with 2 army type drones, why couldn't they have add a police car and a fire chief car? I just might have to buy another Rallybot set and custom 2 car from their unless Hasbro decides to give use booster packs. That would be cool

I've had these on pre-order from BBTS since July, I just don't have time anymore to go "Transformer Hunting" like I use to. I just wish the Protectobots didn't come with 2 army type drones, why couldn't they have add a police car and a fire chief car? I just might have to buy another Rallybot set and custom 2 car from their unless Hasbro decides to give use booster packs. That would be cool

I agree, the drones dont match the theme of this at all. Hell, did they even repaint the halftrack and tank at all? They dont look any different from the Bombshock set to me. If they couldnt just get all the molds out before starting the repaints, you could get a workable rescue team out of the military and aircraft sets. The bell helicopter is fine, and the halftrack could be believable as an arctic rescue or SWAT vehicle if they bothered to paint it up correctly but the fighter plane and the tank are WTF. The reconnaisance plane wouldve been better than the fighter, and the armored jeep/truck thing couldve been done up as a lifeguard rig or mountain rescue 4x4. With missiles.

The whole 'Destron' thing is clearly just a bunch of leftovers, so whatever it wound up with wouldnt matter.

Destron "could" be a nice looking Menasor if you added repainted Rally Car drones to it. I'm waiting for proper colored/themed drones tp fill out "Bruticus", "Superion", "Menasor" and the other homages that will hopefully come out.

creggar--I sure as hell hope your screen name is an homage to Cragar wheels. If so, that is AWESOME!!!

I just can't get excited about these things. I've waved em in front of my kids' noses and I've had no takers there either. I'm pretty sure I'm sorry I opened Huffer and Smolder, and so far I haven't been compelled to get any more.

I agree, the drones dont match the theme of this at all. Hell, did they even repaint the halftrack and tank at all? They dont look any different from the Bombshock set to me. If they couldnt just get all the molds out before starting the repaints, you could get a workable rescue team out of the military and aircraft sets. The bell helicopter is fine, and the halftrack could be believable as an arctic rescue or SWAT vehicle if they bothered to paint it up correctly but the fighter plane and the tank are WTF. The reconnaisance plane wouldve been better than the fighter, and the armored jeep/truck thing couldve been done up as a lifeguard rig or mountain rescue 4x4. With missiles.

The whole 'Destron' thing is clearly just a bunch of leftovers, so whatever it wound up with wouldnt matter.

I never thought of a SWAT/Arctic rescue that would save sometime on customs and as for the Jeep being a lifguard rig would been totally awsome. But as for the question of "did they even repaint the halftrack and tank at all?" I was wondering the same thing so I compare the pics from BBTS and the Bombshock half track is olive green, Protectobot one is Tannish, Bombshock tank is grey, Protectobot one is Army green. Most definitely a color clash.

Archived