BotCon 2010 - Live From the Hasbro Designers Panel!

MISP Steve

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are Skullgrin and Thunderwing going to be Pretenders? Or are these suppose to be before they became Pretenders?

I'm digging the Scourge, but as a tank?

Let me guess Mindset is a repaint of Hail Storm?

Who is Fallball?

Finally a Jazz, but still no Wheeljack

Knew Grapple was going to use the Inferno mold

So they will be releasing the First 13 but over several years? Sounds interesting

Still dodging questions but for their answer to the Classics Gestalts question and saying Power Core is how they are approaching it? Power Core is not Gestalt.

Thank You to whoever asked about Wheeljack!

No toys based off of Transformers Prime? There has to be some

Trypticon is a basebot, where are they getting asteroid from?

Stay Tuned on Female Transformers? Elita-1 PLEASE!!!!! (her own mold)

I can take more WFC Toys, over the TF Prime toys that are not being made

It is not to costly to bring over the Japanese Transformers!!

So there might also be a new Kup? If they do the female transformers I can see them all being bikes.

I am very impressed, Though I would like to see the drawings!!

Maybe the 13 will be a released as one a year Supreme Class? That is a long time right there, so that aint going to happen

So Fallball aka Fallback is actually Outback?

Wonder how Mindset is going to look in his silver and green Cybertronian Empire colors

Grimstone aka Grimlock, is going to be the main bot in the Dinobot PCC?

I don't really care about the RCC news and actualy hate that they're roping the dinobots into that mess.

Alot of the new mold figures seem great, I look forward to them (maybe SDCC?) The repaints I'll take on a one on one basis, but am happy that there will be more retooling.

Preceptor into Reflector bugs me a bit.

Outside of that it's all intresting, but it just seems the more you hear from Hasbro, the less they know about their product let alone fanbase.

"we've done some research and found people realy like the dinos" REALLY!?!

Trypticon was already pointed out so I'll leave that alone.

"Megatronus" had to be the worse though :tfpuke

Don't really wanna rag on them though, I only count on them for figures, not stories.

On that note though, TF Prime not getting a toy line. You know, especialy if it does have a movie look, that really doesn't bother me. At least not at the moment, I'm sure down the line...

now botcon was worth tuning in for.

jazz, tracks perceptor, grapple, scourge, kup, .. that's exciting, i just hope we get to see some photos soon.

i also really thought we'd get some more war for cybertron figures for sure. bummer.

:pics :P

so the panels are listening? not good enough. here is what i have to say.

1. the constant renaming/rebranding of the line is confusing. when they started with universe, they create subline called classics dedicated to G1 homages. And now, they had Generations. What the heck? classics 1.0 only last with not more than 15 figures (uniques only, minus minicons & redecos) and they are quick to to abandon it and called them Classic 2.0. why not stick to 1 proper line name and populate it for years to come?

2. there are so many characters in TF multiverse that havent got a toy. its time hasbro designers dig up archives like this - http://s90690880.onlinehome.us/jhiaxus/archive.htm, and do justice on those characters instead of repainting existing figures again and again. they are screaming out for a body (toy).

3. please stop straight redecos! i said PLEASE! it is hurting completiest by putting them in a dilemma of buying or not buying! i can accept retools especially head-sculpt, extra armament or enhancement changes, NOT STRAIGHT REDECOS. This has to stop!

4. More homage for G1/G2 unpopular/obscure characters. 'Maturize' old g1/g2 minibots, throttlebots, actionmasters, micromasters etc and bring them in Generations line. A good example of this is Powerglide. Hasbro can do the same for Warpath - a voyager size, or Throttlebot Chase, a Deluxe sized? Bring them all back in masses!

05-27-devcon.jpg

He is screaming

250px-Firestar_robot.jpg

thefembots_moonracer.jpg

These ladies are screaming! Hear them Hasbro!

5. Dinobot Masterpiece please - so you have done Grimlock, why not just proceed with the rest of the team? I dare you MP Slag, Sludge, Swoop & Snarl will sell like hot cakes like no other!

6. im not that fond of PCC but i will certainly get them. before you start abandoning the name sake for another name just like you did to Classics, please populate the line for some years before ceasing them. i hope PCC will not end up like Machine Wars.

7. Once Upon a Time on Cybertron is a neat idea. I hope it could be expanded across to all other 'god-like' characters across all TF multiverse including the ones from the Japanese series who never made it as a toy.

8. I love WFC. Game and the toy is just a neat concept to be introduced to populate TF multiverse further. Please dont stop with BB, OP, meg & Soundwave. Have all characters in the game made as a toy. Pull WFC toys out from the Generations line and rebrand it to their own WFC line. WFC line deserve to be honored as a proper toy line just like the rest instead of squatting in Generations line.

Thats all

Sounds more like a "talk only" event...this is an out line of what the designers agreed to try and work on. Usually we wont see pics until Comicon

Archived