BotCon 2010 - Sideswipe Customization Classes

Peter_Van

BotCon 2010 kicked off yesterday with the first of two jam-packed Transformers Customization classes with master kit-basher Shawn Tessman. This years figure, the fifth produced by Tessmen's students, is a Universe/Classics Sideswipe with a G2 redeco of Tessman's design. Custom stickers were produced by fan Jack Matheenyto complete the G2 effect. Check out our gallery of G2 Sideswipe along with his tech specs after the jump. Read the Full News Story Here

So how does this work? You buy all the parts as a kit and then put Sideswipe together yourself? or do you make your own parts and just congregate with others with their versions of Sideswipe and just enjoy the camaraderie?

So how does this work? You buy all the parts as a kit and then put Sideswipe together yourself? or do you make your own parts and just congregate with others with their versions of Sideswipe and just enjoy the camaraderie?

It's an option for only the earliest people to register for Botcon (its limited to two classes I believe). You get a bag with everything in it to build the figure yourself.

It's an option for only the earliest people to register for Botcon (its limited to two classes I believe). You get a bag with everything in it to build the figure yourself.

So you just put it together, or do you paint the parts yourself?

Curious how this works. If they provide the already painted (or molded?) parts, I can hardly call that Customizing. That's more like factory assembly.

Taking one apart, custom painting it and then putting it back together, that's customizing.

Mind you, if they molded it in those colors, I'd want one. Already made a nice catalog of all the Diaclone variants on the classic molds that I can think of.

Deep Cover, Clamp Down, Tigertracks (too easy, just swap heads and add some black racing stripes).

People are welcome to do whatever they please. As evident in this picture, http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=13764&pic=IMG_1672%282%29.jpg&dispsize=800&start=20, this figure's wheels are black while the previous were silver. This is because this was an attendee's figure. The others were Shawn's.

Archived