War For Cybertron Hands On Review - Greatest Transformers Game Ever?

MISP Steve

"You never know if it's good until you play the game." This gaming idiom has been repeated countless times by members of the Transformer fandom ever since the first images of High Moon's War for Cybertron were released. It has been our mantra to defend against over-excitement in the face of a game that frankly seemed too good to be true. Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, between the co-op, the fact that it looks like I'll be able to play as Megatron AND Arcee... I'm sold. I'm reserving this game NOW... er... when I work at the mall tomorrow...

But I gotta apologize to you in advance, Breaker: I'm getting this on PS3; since that's the system that's hooked up to my HD-TV. Hope that doesn't dissapoint you too much.

Great review... BUT WHAT ABOUT THE Wii...... I know some people talk bad about the Wii. I mean it is the best selling system in the world and that sux and all, but was there no information about the wii version at all? Did High Moon spend so much time on the PS3 and 360 versions that they decided to throw some crappy stick figure drawings together, throw it on the wii and call it a game? I know multiplayer and good graphics can be done on the wii, look at Monster Hunter Tri..... So why no news on the Wii version!!!!!!!!!

I didn't get to play the Wii version. The hands on was at High Moon's studio, they only do the Xbox/PC/PS3 version.

I'd love to know what the deal is on the other systems.

The Wii version Cybertron Adventures is being handled by a separate developer Next Level Games. High Moon has nothing to do with that version.

Because the Wii doesnt have the hardware to accomodate large games. and Monster Hunter Tri looks like it could be okay but the graphics merely look high end PS2 to me.

I am so jealous of Ender.

And I am VERY saddened by you 4RL. You know you can get HDMI cables for the 360 right? Not to mention Ender said in his review that both versions are identical visually. You can at least rent it on 360 so we can play, puwty pwease? *bats eyelashes*

Anyone else see Mirage in one of those screenshots?

Because the Wii doesnt have the hardware to accomodate large games. and Monster Hunter Tri looks like it could be okay but the graphics merely look high end PS2 to me.

I am so jealous of Ender.

And I am VERY saddened by you 4RL. You know you can get HDMI cables for the 360 right? Not to mention Ender said in his review that both versions are identical visually. You can at least rent it on 360 so we can play, puwty pwease? *bats eyelashes*

Anyone else see Mirage in one of those screenshots?

The wii can handle a lot more than most give it credit for. If you own a wii I would sugest looking at the graphics for MHT.... No they are not as good as some games on the PS3/360 but it does show off how good they could be on the wii and how advanced gameplay can be (even compared with the other systems). Besides if WFC is a good game than the grphics should not matter so much. Yea graphics are nice I like the PS3/360 but i prefer game play.

Archived