iGear PPO1 Faith Convoy Video Review

Liege Evilmus

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.... now that is a Prime for the Classics/Universe collection.

Extra hands and an extra head... very awesome, especially that head and display base, its like a mini one of these: http://base1.googlehosted.com/base_media?q=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Wwg0rY7lL.jpg&size=20&dhm=f1e175e2&hl=en

I wonder if it will/could work with the G3 trailer.....

Now if they happen to do an Ultra Magnus, you can bet someone would make an affordable trailer/armor for it.

I've already got 3 MP Primes, so I'm not too interested. However that head is neat.

-At $40-$50 I'd be all over this.

To be fair, for a MP figure that's MP Starscream size, the price isn't that much higher. Well worth it IMO, can't wait for mine to arrive!

Sorry I never payed more then $70 for a MP figure and I have all but Thundercracker MP-4 and Grimlock.

And yes both in the Takara and Hasbro boxes (well, I did sell off my Greyscream). If they aren't worth more then that to me, I can't see going overboard on a miniKO version.

-At $40-$50 I'd be all over this.

To be fair, for a MP figure that's MP Starscream size, the price isn't that much higher. Well worth it IMO, can't wait for mine to arrive!

Sorry I never payed more then $70 for a MP figure and I have all but Thundercracker MP-4 and Grimlock.

And yes both in the Takara and Hasbro boxes (well, I did sell off my Greyscream). If they aren't worth more then that to me, I can't see going overboard on a miniKO version.

Well of course I speak from the UK, so for me PPO1 cost £70 (delivered), whereas if I wanted to buy MP Starscream the cheapest on eBay (he was never at retail here) is £68. So for a comparable figure that's reasonable to me.

Granted I consider MP Starscream overpriced (MP Skywarp, who *is* in the shops here, has been as low as £20, although he was £59.99 initially). On the other hand all other MPs are well over the £70 mark, and for some bizarre reason greyscream seems to be more like £200! :wat

It all boils down to individual taste and choice. I really don't buy many TFs these days, so I can afford to spend a little more when I do.

Here's my thing, I like the MP figures, but outside of Prime I think the term "MasterPiece" is being used to loosely

Megatron is a pure let down, and the seekers while nice from the front are a kibblie mess from any other angle.

I can't say anything about Grimlock, I don't own him yet.

Still as far as MasterPieces are concerned, I'd wish for better. In my mind these are just Premium Classics. I said it in another thread, I'm not jumping on the hype wagon with these and paying the even more inflated costs on some of the newer redecos, it's rediculious.

So on that note, $40-$50 for mini Prime and I'm in, otherwise, oh well, can't have them all.

Also before it comes up, the reason why I didn't mind paying more for figures like Knight Morpher and Warbot is because they're at least 100% new figures and not just a scaled down copy.

Here's my thing, I like the MP figures, but outside of Prime I think the term "MasterPiece" is being used to loosely

Megatron is a pure let down, and the seekers while nice from the front are a kibblie mess from any other angle.

Still as far as MasterPieces are concerned, I'd wish for better. In my mind these are just Premium Classics. I said it in another thread, I'm not jumping on the hype wagon with these and paying the even more inflated costs on some of the newer redecos, it's rediculious.

Kind of agree with you there, I was more than a bit peeved with the MP seeker hip kibble (having already been teased with the much better prototype pics). Megatron is about as good as you could honestly expect to get from a transforming gun; frankly I'm amazed they acheived what they did (not to mention the fact that they kept faithful to the gun at all, with the replica weapon issue).

But MP Prime and Grimlock really are the cream of the line (the cream of all TF lines if you ask me!), so to get them in scale (Prime should not tower over Grimmy!) is a great result.

Kind of agree with you there, I was more than a bit peeved with the MP seeker hip kibble (having already been teased with the much better prototype pics). Megatron is about as good as you could honestly expect to get from a transforming gun; frankly I'm amazed they acheived what they did (not to mention the fact that they kept faithful to the gun at all, with the replica weapon issue).

But MP Prime and Grimlock really are the cream of the line (the cream of all TF lines if you ask me!), so to get them in scale (Prime should not tower over Grimmy!) is a great result.

Grimlock is a perfect example of MP disapointment. The figure looks great, but in comparison it is pretty small but cost nearly double with little to no diecast!?!

Thats why I can live with dulled teeth and claws and just wait for the Hasbro TRU version.

Concerning the Seekers, I did like the initial prototype myself. Honestly though, I would have been just as happy if not estatic if they simply upscaled and modified the Robot Masters Seeker.

Outside of the size, those jets nailed it!

Archived