Takara Releasing Voyager Battle Blades Prime in September, U.S. Still Waiting

Peter_Van

Remember that really awesome Transformers Hunt for the Decepticons Voyager Battle Blades Optimus Prime figure that was revealed during Toy Fair 2010? It was considered a "Wave 2 Preview" at the time, with a date for the release of the figure unknown. Today, Japanese retailer Red Mercury has begun taking pre-orders for the TakaraTomy version of the figure, scheduled for a September 25, 2010 release. The pricetag is 4410 Yen (~$47 USD). Hasbro has stated that the Hunt for the Decepticons campaign will begin sometime in August, but rumors of the release of the figures in Canada have been pegged for as early as next month. Read the Full News Story Here

That thing was awesome? If Hasbro must release a different version of the same mold, I'd rather it be that Prime/Jetfire set that we've heard about from Japan.

Take a closer look, this is an entirely new mold that's like a voyager version of the Leader mold. This isn't the mold they've been repainting the hell out of.

Emerje

That thing was awesome? If Hasbro must release a different version of the same mold, I'd rather it be that Prime/Jetfire set that we've heard about from Japan.

Take a closer look, this is an entirely new mold that's like a voyager version of the Leader mold. This isn't the mold they've been repainting the hell out of.

Emerje

Why would I want a shrunken version of the Leader class toy?

So if they're converting Leader class figures down to Voyager size then this phenomenon should give rise to a new era of insanely complex and ultra detailed Super-Leader class figures, right?

I'm not going to shed any tears for Megatron. Outside of the movie-verse he's always made a decent showing. It's hard to make a good figure when the character design is that flawed.

On a semi-related note, am I the only one out there who thinks the ROTF Megatron should have been a Blitzwing-style triple changer to more accurately reflect his state in the movie? Now THAT would've been cool!

Archived