New Peaugh video Review: Alternity Bumblebee and Cliffjumper

Datastream

Our friendly neighborhood Peaugh has once again graced YouTube with a couple of new transformers figure reviews. This time around he has the new Bumblebee/Cliffjumper figures from the Japan-exclusive Alternity line. Do these figures live up to their predecessors?

Im not sure why everyone has so much hate for these guys, EVEN IN the pictures. I thought they were pretty cool since Takara put them online. I may get Bumblebee if they have some still available next week. Which by everyones opinion of them, i would assume so.

2 :thumb's up!

And Peaugh's video just makes them look better!@

I've got mine on pre-order for a good price. I wasn't sold on them until I saw color pics and then I thought they looked pretty good. I'm pretty excited about them. It's almost too bad that Bee and Cliff are about the same size as Megs and Prime.

Yeah, I'm gonna be that guy.

Some parts of these figures are undenably awesome, but the overall just fails, especialy at the price point.

I have to disagree on you with that. But its just your opinion but did you not like Bee or CJ as a kid? They have the same frame and basic look and poportions. The pictures made them look a little worse (to everyone else, but im not as picky) and the engineering in them is just awesome. The back doors ccome open AND swing up! And none of the features in car mode are used for Transformation other then the hood. Pretty cool, if you ask me. I actually want to get Bee, i guess i could stick him in with my Alternators and MP Convoy. It fit well. ;)

I haven't been in the collecting game for a while and really no longer have a desire to buy toys, but, these two guys look fantastic in that video.

Like my goodness, soooo shinnnnyy....

Actualy, G1 BB went every place with me when I was a kid, and first chance I got I took my brothers CliffJumper. Both were real fun toys.

Concerning these 2, the detail and transformation look amazing. I just don't care for the arms and legs. They're to spindly. Now I also know these are homage pieces, but I really don't care for the chest either. I love a good G1 Homage, and I know back in the day, their bodies where basicly large bumps, but it's not back in the day anymore. The idea of a pot bellied Bumblebee and Cliffjumper don't apeal.

Take the Classics version. It keeps the same basic characteristics of the 2, but the bodies more flush, and the heads aren't resessed so far back. Sure, they lack alot of the details put into the Alternity figures, and thats really what your paying for here.

Now granted that looks like a real fun transformation, and I'd like to try it out. But at $60+ after shipping, my minds eye just isn't agreeing with the total piece to make me wanna whole heartedly go for it.

On that note, if someone wants to get one and let me try it, cool! However with all that said, Classics BB can keep holding that place on my Alt shelf. Homage wise his size makes him a great fit as he always was the runt, and I'm just gonna pass on these two. I'm not knocking them or anyone who likes them. I can see why fans would want them. They just aren't doing it for me, like a $60 bot should.

Good points. The legs and arms are a bit spindley. I guess thats why you dont too much care for Bludgeon as well? Or am i thinking of someone else. *too many things to remember*

I cant see paying $60 PLUS shipping. If New Bury Comics had them in for like $55 i MIGHT budge on B'bee, but im skipping Cliffjumper for as long as i dont sell herbs anymore. If i was rich i probably be like Peaugh with almost everything :D

Like how i was in the Beast Wars/Beast Machine all the way through A/E/C days. I think things stopped in doubles of everything in late '07. After the full set Classics 1.0 and the first 2 waves of movie figures. But then again, the 1st 2 waves of Mv figs were aquired a different way. ;)

Archived