Review: Masterpiece Skywarp Figure

Blitz-Wing

100A.jpg
So on top of holiday shopping, Masterpiece Skywarp appears in Walmarts. Assuming you can find one (remember the hunt for MP Starscream?) is he worth the $60 they're asking? Can you even risk him still being on the shelf when you get your Walmart gift card for Christmas? Maybe this review can help make a decision.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Dr. Arkeville is just part of the same mold that uses parts of a certain color, gray for Starscream, black for Skywarp, etc. It would probably be more trouble to not make Dr. Arkeville than it is to make him.

Two years ago, Walmart and Hasbro teamed up to bring us Takara's MP-03 Starscream as an exclusive. Well, if you could find it. It proved to be an elusive figure to find, and many were subject to the mercy of the scalpers. Now, MP-06 Skywarp is available, again through Walmart. I can't attest to how easy this version will be to find, but I can at least review it.

I found out when i was searching the other year for MP-Walscream, that ONLY Super Walmarts carried the figure (& online where you could order it to only certain stores). I managed to find him near a NH Airport @ one. I guess what i want to know now is, is this the case for Skywarp as well? Or have ppl found him in smaller stores @ Walmart?

Now on to the review. Didnt Skywarp in Takara/JPN have a different face mold for the second face? And not to nit pick, but he does have articulation in his feet. Well his ankles but that articulation can make for good poses, and shouldnt be left out when describing to ppl that may or may not want the figure & are deciding from a decsion lik eyour review.

Two years ago, Walmart and Hasbro teamed up to bring us Takara's MP-03 Starscream as an exclusive. Well, if you could find it. It proved to be an elusive figure to find, and many were subject to the mercy of the scalpers. Now, MP-06 Skywarp is available, again through Walmart. I can't attest to how easy this version will be to find, but I can at least review it.

I found out when i was searching the other year for MP-Walscream, that ONLY Super Walmarts carried the figure (& online where you could order it to only certain stores). I managed to find him near a NH Airport @ one. I guess what i want to know now is, is this the case for Skywarp as well? Or have ppl found him in smaller stores @ Walmart?

Now on to the review. Didnt Skywarp in Takara/JPN have a different face mold for the second face? And not to nit pick, but he does have articulation in his feet. Well his ankles but that articulation can make for good poses, and shouldnt be left out when describing to ppl that may or may not want the figure & are deciding from a decsion lik eyour review.

I found Skywarp in a normal Walmart but couldn't buy it. Yay.

my 2 should be showing up any day now. I believe I'm gonna keep the Hasbro version in bot mode and the Takara version in alt with one left over to keep my MIB Starscream company.

I guess it depended if you found one of the re-issues sorta speak, or the ones that first hit the shelves. From what i was told when they were first selling Walscream was that he was only to be bought at super WMs and sent there as well. Im sure this could have been mal informed though or changed down the road. I dunno. :shrug

Archived