Michael Bay Says Transformers 3 Goes Deeper - Unicron?

MISP Steve

The 2nd movie is barely over and Michael Bay is already talking about what's in store fro Transformers 3. From a clip on the Transformers Blu-ray disc edition. Bay give us some of his thoughts on where he wants to go with the thrid installment citing the moves were grand enough that his desire is to go "sideways" deeper into the Transformers movie backstory and give us something darker and more emotional. Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry but having Micheal Bay say "Sideways and Deeper" only makes me think of what new dog humping jokes he'll make :tflaugh

Ok ok I got my joke in but I'm all for seeing what Micheal Bay can do with the third film, the visuals are already A+ work so now I hope he'll move forward with the plot and characters. It would be interesting as well to see the design team make Unicron, I mean Devastator alone was a masterpiece to look at so how would a robot almost 1000 times his size look? (that's if they keep the whole "Planet-former" concept).

Let's just hope third times the charm when it comes to the Transformers film franchise.

Didn't BAy say about the same thing for the second movie that it would go deeper into the TF lore and history but instead he just made up a lot of stuff that had nothing to do with TF and added a few names to make it seem like it was about TF....

Uhhh whatever I just said. Anyways, I wish him all the luck getting TF 3 together.

Yea.. I was just going to say the same thing as you, dcj91x. I'm pretty certain I remember almost identical words about the 2nd movie... and well.. yeah. We don't need to rehash it's many shortcomings again. I do sincerely hope that it comes to fruition this time... but I'm not holding my breath.

Didn't BAy say about the same thing for the second movie that it would go deeper into the TF lore and history but instead he just made up a lot of stuff that had nothing to do with TF and added a few names to make it seem like it was about TF....

Uhhh whatever I just said. Anyways, I wish him all the luck getting TF 3 together.

Yes, he DID say that about the second movie, and that's exactly what they did. He never said he was going to base the lore and history on any previous series, he was referring to the lore/history of the MOVIE SERIES. Why must we continuously link everything Transformers with G1??? We already have an excellent animated movie for that, let these Bay films be their own entity. Personally I think they are fun as hell, and can't wait to see what's next! Deeper and darker can't really be possible with so many annoying human characters though. No matter how much I love these films, Agent Simmons and roomy has got to go...

Yes, he DID say that about the second movie, and that's exactly what they did. He never said he was going to base the lore and history on any previous series, he was referring to the lore/history of the MOVIE SERIES. Why must we continuously link everything Transformers with G1??? We already have an excellent animated movie for that, let these Bay films be their own entity. Personally I think they are fun as hell, and can't wait to see what's next! Deeper and darker can't really be possible with so many annoying human characters though. No matter how much I love these films, Agent Simmons and roomy has got to go...

Did I say something about G1?

Take it easy man it's only a movie....

Deeper into the lore?

Deaths Head! FRAK YES!

I really don't care at this point Mr Bay, come back to me when we have some concept art.

Archived