SDCC 2009 Video Interview - Hasbro Senior Brand Manager Mike Ballog

Peter_Van

San Diego Comic-Con 2009 may be over, but we still have so much to bring you. Our very own Jay Cochran had a chance to interview Hasbro's Senior Brand Manager Mike Ballog. During our time with him, we talked about what he thought about Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and he goes through the display case at SDCC. Jump in for the video.
Read the Full News Story Here

Why do people always feel the need to be negative? The interview was nice, thank you for posting it!

I felt the need to say what I said because it did not further anything we already didn't know and on top of it, the material was unprepared. What do you mean "the interview was nice"? How was it nice? Did you learn anything you (or most people) didn't already know? My comment was neither negative or positive. Just a statement of my perception of the facts that were offered in the interview. No personal shots were made in my assessment of the interview.

Why do people always feel the need to call folks out for being negative?

You are both right. However, I am pretty sure the Hasbro rep would love to crank out the fan boy pron just to shut us up. You know they've been getting some heat for going balls out on ROTF since BotCon. However, I was there and can testify people at the show were going ape shit over what was in those cases.

We've all gotta face the fact that Transformers ROTF is a bit of pop culture phenomenon right now. We are suddenly in a minority in a mostly new fan-base. I feel your pain, but we cannot deny others the kind of joy we all have been diggin' for a long time. Besides, its not like they didnt make 1000+ Transformers before the Movies. :D

I agree with BaCon. There were always people gathered around the cases that everytime I walked by, I though they put new stuff in the cases! But it was the same stuff. Despite this, traffic around thoses cases remained consistent, while the GI Joe cases were a little...dead.

I agree with BaCon. There were always people gathered around the cases that everytime I walked by, I though they put new stuff in the cases! But it was the same stuff. Despite this, traffic around thoses cases remained consistent, while the GI Joe cases were a little...dead.

I'll tell you---today I saw for the first time the GI Joe stuff in Target---I loved them-they looked very similar to the 80's stuff-and I never got into the stuff when I was a kid. Makes me wish I was a GI Joe fan! Do you suppose that the toyline and movie won't do well because it's too much like the original?!

Im glad to see who is running Transformers now in video so i enjoyed the movie and to know we have a fan as the branch/Brand manager. I also like how he amps up all the lame toys :P

Although Prime, V. Megs and a feew others look ok. But DAAAAMNNN Animated kicks its carcuss all over the place!

Archived