Animated Removed from Cartoon Network Saturday Schedule

Beast Megatron

Transformers Animated has been removed from Cartoon Network's Saturday schedule, two weeks after the airing of its final new episode. The series now only airs weekday mornings at 6:00 a.m./5:00 a.m. central. With only a few odd exceptions, Animated held a Saturday time slot on Cartoon Network throughout its entire production run.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Transformers has never gotten any love on CN. From crappy time slots, to airing the "show that started it all" and instead of showing G1, they showed Beast Wars.

Don't get me wrong, I love BW, but it didn't "start it all."

I wish Cartoon Network would realize that they have an audience with half a brain cell, and aren't entertained by The Misadventures of Flajack, Bakugan, Yu-Gi-Oh, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, or Johnny Test.

I'm sure someone is proud of making those shows, but I would be ashamed.

I kinda wish Hasbro would just get their own cable channel. Why not? There's a channel for the wide world of motocross, why not toys and games? Plus Hasbro has got to have enough backlog of shows to fill timeslots 24/7. That would be awesome. 3 hour marathons of TF, followed by a couple hours of He-Man, then GI Joe, Then G1, etc.

Ah well, I've probably offended someone's sensibilities by insulting Ed Edd and Eddy, so I'll just end the post here.

--Op3k

I agree. Hasbro has tremendous potential for their own network. Reruns like you mentioned, plus a continuation of Animated, a new GI Joe, shit they could probably even do something cool with Mr. Potatoe Head and My Little Pony.

You guys know they are coming out with a channel via the discovery networks next year right?

its a real shame about animated it was a great show and for them to dump it off the weekend line up goes to show the stupidity of the network...I hope the next transformers series to come will be as good as this one cause I Honestly think the show was refreshing compared to the series past.. like armada and energon where the animation was just to sell toys and even the toys didn't even look that good..It reminded me of beast wars which was a great show and the rebirth of the franchise...here we had a first where the show the actual figures were near perfect representations of the actual character designs....Hopefully they'll re-air the show on the weekends or at least Saturday evening.

You guys know they are coming out with a channel via the discovery networks next year right?

Yes, Discovery Kids. I'm saying that they have enough resources to launch a network on their own merrits.

Transformers has never gotten any love on CN. From crappy time slots, to airing the "show that started it all" and instead of showing G1, they showed Beast Wars.

Don't get me wrong, I love BW, but it didn't "start it all."

I wish Cartoon Network would realize that they have an audience with half a brain cell, and aren't entertained by The Misadventures of Flajack, Bakugan, Yu-Gi-Oh, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, or Johnny Test.

I'm sure someone is proud of making those shows, but I would be ashamed.

I kinda wish Hasbro would just get their own cable channel. Why not? There's a channel for the wide world of motocross, why not toys and games? Plus Hasbro has got to have enough backlog of shows to fill timeslots 24/7. That would be awesome. 3 hour marathons of TF, followed by a couple hours of He-Man, then GI Joe, Then G1, etc.

Ah well, I've probably offended someone's sensibilities by insulting Ed Edd and Eddy, so I'll just end the post here.

--Op3k

heeeeey i love Flapjack and Johnny Test. It's also bad timing for them to take it down especially with the movie coming out.

But i had a feeling the show would fail anyway. Nobofy liked the new look. its always about ohh the originals are better than the new blablabla nostalgic blablabla retro blablabla.

I don't really mind this because CN is getting so crappy. They sure don't make cartoons like they used to.

Archived