Tomy Takara Tokyo International Anime Fair 2009 - New Henkei Images

MISP Steve

025__scaled_100.jpg
Thanks to guys over at the Hobby Stock japanese toy collectors who have posted images of the Transformers Henkei action figures that will be coming out in Japan later this year. The images from the Tokyo International Anime Fair 2009 Report show us pics from the Tomy Takara booth with looks at Master Piece MP-08 Grimlock and the Chorno Label watchbot. From the Henkei line we see deluxe class Smokescreen, Dinobot, Hot Shot and Red Alert. From the legends class we see the both of the minbots sets. Read the Full News Story Here

:danmit hasbro you're to cheap to make any sliver weapons like Henkei and takara do this every year, i know hotshot didn't have those sliver guns in Armada but still i love it

Dinobot is a winner all the way... Its interesting how accurate color scheme can make that much of a difference... Take note Hasbro...

I think I will buy Henkei Hot Shot and Red Alert, and it has nothing to do with chrome. It's merely the simple facts that Universe Hot Shot is unarmed and that there may not even be a Universe Red Alert.

Dinobot is a winner all the way... Its interesting how accurate color scheme can make that much of a difference... Take note Hasbro...

The MSIB collector in me wants that. the regular collector in me just wants to sell Dinobot off.

There was NO reason for Hasbro to strip Hot Shot of his weapons or ruin (yes, ruin) Dinobot the way they did. On the other hand, Henkei Wheelie looks awful.

Of course there's a reason for the Dinobot we got. It's all part of their diabolical scheme!

By painting Universe Dinobot "wrong" and Henkei "right," they force you to buy a figure that costs three times as much as the one you can find at Wal-Mart! It's like you bought three Universe Dinobots at once! Brilliant!

I've had Red Alert on preorder for a while now, but I might have to get that version of Smokescreen too! The Hasbro version used way too much red in bot mode, I like that this one got the front of the car right to break up that red in bot mode. Looks like Takara is finally starting to do things better than Hasbro (aside from yellow Wheelie).

Still hate the chrome though.

Emerje

:danmit hasbro you're to cheap to make any sliver weapons like Henkei and takara do this every year, i know hotshot didn't have those sliver guns in Armada but still i love it

They're not really being cheap. Most of Hasbro's budget goes towards Research and Development, where as Takara doesn't have to budget for that(due to Hasbro already doing so.), so they have a bit of extra money to put towards chrome and extra paint apps.

Of course there's a reason for the Dinobot we got. It's all part of their diabolical scheme!

By painting Universe Dinobot "wrong" and Henkei "right," they force you to buy a figure that costs three times as much as the one you can find at Wal-Mart! It's like you bought three Universe Dinobots at once! Brilliant!

Hasbro apologist.

If it's not diabolical, it's gross incompetence. Tell me the color designers over at Hasbro don't have access to the 'net. Can't afford a Beast Wars DVD? Can't ask Takara-Tomy what the correct colors are? The colors of paint Takara uses don't cost any more than the colors Hasbro uses....Just a little bit more care.

Oh, and as for Hasbro having to spend more on R & D...I'm guessing the engineering costs a hell of a lot more than "he should look a little like this in robot mode and be some sort of [inaccurate] dinosaur".

Archived