Rounding out the Classics (insight needed!)

kalron

I recently made a post to the Classics 2.0 topic and decided to see what others think about my direction. I am trying to complete my mostly accurate G1 collection using Classics and other molds/kitbashing. I wanted some help to make sure I have not forgotten anything.

I currently own all the Classics releases including Exculsives (Prime, Magnus, CJ, BB, Mirage, HotRod, Grimlock, Jetfire, Ramjet, Astrotrain, Megs, Devestator, Starscream, and Skywarp) With Prowl, Sunstreaker, Octane, and the others arriving in 2.0 (with possible Sideswipe, and Bluestreak repaints in Wave 2) we can count those bought and paid for as well. In addition here is a list of other TFs I bought to round out this collection. Any additions would be helpful!!!!

(*note* out of personal choice I am not interested in anything post TF the Movie, nor minibots like Outback, Pipes or any of those repaints as they had little to no relevance in the TF world)

I unofficially only need a Kup and the remaining dinobots, as well as the Insectacons to complete my G1 obsession in Classics form.

I picked up Elita one and used her for Arcee, bought 3 extra Ramjets and in process of making the remaining seekers, using Target Movie Scouts Strong Arm, Armorhide, Clocker, Stormsurge and Warpath to round off Brawn, Huffer, Windcharger, Seaspray and Gears with repaints. I also bought the OP/Megs battle package to dupe Jin's wonderful Warpath custom. I found a an Energon Downshift/Wheeljack on ebay as well as a Defence Hotshot for a Springer. I found Titanium Scourge from Hasbro directly on clearance for $7.99 along with a Vector Prime (for Alphatrion) for $9.99 (saved on shipping too)!!! I picked up Landmine and Stockade to do some custom molds for Hound and Trailbreaker. I even shelled out the cash for MP3 Soundwave, as it run circles around the original mold AND IT PLAYS MUSIC!!!

*edit* also purchased Hardtop for a Beachcomber

I plan on seeing the final Iron Man product for a possible Cyclonus kitbash. I may buy an extra Prowl and kitbash to a proper Jazz. Cassette Tapes (rumble, ravage, frenzy and lazerbeak) are still a mystery though.

The only other one missing is Wheelie, I may use another Clocker, or just forget him all together (just kidding...I must be complete)

Any assistance would be GREAT!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, I was thinking of using him for a possible Afterburner (Computron). I know I said nothing post Movie, however I always liked the Technobots. Maybe it has to do with my IT abilities. I was also thinking Ransack as Afterburner, so maybe I get both and make one Kup.

In addition, please see my post on my Hound progress:

http://forums.TFormers.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=88072

insight there will help as well.

Nice to see someone else is attempting something similar to me. My collection is an attempt to build up what I call a 'New G1' collection. All my fave characters from G1 with updated molds. So you can imagine how much I love Classics! We are striving to collect different characters though. I'm simply collecting my faveourate characters, as oposed to the first G1 line like you. But credit to you sir for attempting such a feat! Great ideas by the way. My kitbashing skills are no where near yours. Examples in my collection are: Energon Cyclonus as Spinister, Cyb Landmine as Scoop, Energon Bulkhead as Springer, Movie Clocker as Beachcomber, Energon Inferno as, you guest it, Inferno, Energon Snowcat as Onslaught. Plently of characters I'm struggeling with. I'd like Brawn, for example, to be delux now Bumblebee is almost delux in size. The Dinobots are a large problem. I'm considering a vehicle-not-dinosaur alt mode collection. Prob Cyb defence Red Alert as Sludge, Cyb Def Scattershot as Slag, got an Energon Slugslinger as Swoop but he needs lotsa repainting, and thinking about Classics 2 Onslaught as Grimlock. The ideas for Slag and Sludge came from someone on TFans. Not sure who to use for Snarl though. I find several G1 figs fit into this little 'world' also, eg the Predacons, Seacons and Terrocons. I suppose I'm relaying on Classics 2 to fill the other character voids. Jazz has been rumoured, as has Ironhide. Towline as Ratchet is ok, but not perfect. Hoping they'll do the likes of Blaster, a better Springer, Insecticons, Blitzwing, Skids in Classics 2. Fingers crossed Classics 2 has a long life!

I'm pretty much doing the same thing, shockprowl. Using molds from other lines to add to the Classics line as a new G1 collection.

:ab

Cyb. Smokescreen as his G1 self (although that might change if they repaint Classics Prowl as Smokescreen).

Cyb. Brakedown GTS as Kup

Movie Elita-1 as Arcee

5 1/100 Toynami Macross figures filling in as Autobot security under Classics Jetfire.

G2 Laser Optimus Prime's trailer as Classics Voyager Prime's trailer (works surprisingly well).

-Armada Rollbar (Armada Scavenger's mini-con) as Roller

Repainted Movie Longarm as Hoist

:con

Cyb. Soundwave and Laserbeak as their G1 selves

-Energon Command Ravage as his G1 self

-Cyb. red Scrapmetal as Rumble

Cyb. Swindle as his G1 self

Cyb. Demolisher (Armada repaint) as Brawl

Cyb. Buzzsaw as Vortex

Energon Scorponok as his G1 self

Movie Spyshot 6 with Decepticon reprolabels as Reflector

Armada Scavenger with Decepticon reprolabels as Bonecrusher

Plus I added Cyb. Brushguard and Cyb. Ransack GTS to the ranks of the 'Cons. Hey, I like the figures.

And I'm not even close to being done :D

Picked up a Jetstorm from ebay for a Cyclonus

http://www.seibertron.com/toys/gallery.php...e=0&start=0

I forgot to mention I have 2 towlines in route via bbts for Ironhide and Ratchet (copy the botcon exculsives)

Glad to see I'm not the only G1 freak out there!

Brakedown GTS makes a good Kup. Specifically a War Within Kup, but a Kup nonetheless.

I decided that Kup needs to be a Deluxe model, which is why I am having issues finding something. However I did decide on a repaint and resculpt the head of Brakedown into Wheelie!!!

Thanks for getting my head churning

Brakedown GTS makes a good Kup. Specifically a War Within Kup, but a Kup nonetheless.

I decided that Kup needs to be a Deluxe model, which is why I am having issues finding something. However I did decide on a repaint and resculpt the head of Brakedown into Wheelie!!!

Thanks for getting my head churning

It would rule if there was a deluxe figure that would fit in as Kup, but sadly the Scout/Basic class Brakedown GTS is the bets possible replacement. Keep in mind, this is all from my perspective, and I don't bother doing customs myself unless it's a straight up paint job, and then only if it's simple. I stay clear of modifying the figure in any way or complex schemes. So unless there's a Deluxe figure out there that would make a good Kup with a simple paint job, I'm sticking with Brakedown GTS for the old 'Bot.

Then again, this is all just me. If you have the talent to turn an other Deluxe figure into a good Kup, all the power to you. I look forward to seeing it in the Customs/Kitbash section.

I'm holding out for Universe/Classics 2.0 Wheeljack and Shockwave. I would rather that then continue to search for Engergon Downshift and Shockblast, two toys that have long since left the market (and eBay is more or less useless to me).

It would rule if there was a deluxe figure that would fit in as Kup, but sadly the Scout/Basic class Brakedown GTS is the bets possible replacement.

I'm holding out for Universe/Classics 2.0 Wheeljack and Shockwave. I would rather that then continue to search for Engergon Downshift and Shockblast, two toys that have long since left the market (and eBay is more or less useless to me).

1) I know I know, there is NOTHING in a Deluxe that matches KUP NOTHING!!!

2) Ive seen several Energon Downshifts on ebay for rather cheap, I think Hasbro would just use a remold of that one for a classics Wheeljack.

My Hound is coming along, check out the link above.

Deluxe "Bendy" Prime was the closest I could see to Kup... with a LOT of work!

Archived