Review: ROTF Recon Ironhide Figure

Blitz-Wing

100.jpg
Moving along with our NEST series reviews, we turn to Ironhide, who has seriously bulked up. Now known as Recon Ironhide, he has plenty of aftermarket goodness going for him... and a few new weapons to play with. Click here for the review.

Yes please! :eek :awsum

Re/ the missing paint apps, I would attribute the missing taillights to the fact that, in the jungle, he'd rather be unseen from the rear.

Im wondering, are these weapons compatible with the '07 figure? I have that figure and like all the details on him more then this seems, BUT i would buy this if i could use the crossbow and rifle/knife configurations with it. SOmehow i seem to doubt it has the pegs to attach them.

? However, i might still get him with Budgeon. ESPECIALLY if they come otu with a movie to go along with the NEST theme to make my imagination for the brand more appealing.

I got him on the 25th. I know he really isn't, but he feels smaller then the origional.

Then again, I've only had time to transform and pose him one time.

That brings me to this. Can someone watch my dog? I'd really like to play with my toys :P

Also...

display25024.jpg

display25021.jpg

Great review of a great figure. This is the Ironhide to get!!!

I got him on the 25th. I know he really isn't, but he feels smaller then the origional.

Then again, I've only had time to transform and pose him one time.

That brings me to this. Can someone watch my dog? I'd really like to play with my toys :P

Also...

display25024.jpg

display25021.jpg

Great review of a great figure. This is the Ironhide to get!!!

Is there somebody in the driver's seat?

I wasn't going to get this one, even tho I really like the new weapons pack as it would be the FOURTH time I've bougth this mold (granted, the blue offroad repaint and the ROTF version were on sale/giftcard purchase) but I'm really tempted now. I got lucky enough to find Bludgeon the other day and he's just a near perfect voyager class toy.

Did you notice if the hip pins were sturdier than before? I've heard that was one of the changes in the works since his top and bottom halves do pop apart easy on the other versions.

Great review and thanks for posting such nice pics!

I'm looking forward to "upgrading" my Movie 07 Premium figure...

Has anyone swapped heads or weapons on the Premium figure yet?

When I find him in NJ, that's my plan... I just hope the brown matches...

If not I'll bust out the Sharpie...

Ha!

in my opinion.. this is the best ironhide yet.. the weapons are great.. there's none of that lame dark blue like there is with the '07 figure. the premium figure with the first rotf ironhides cannons is nice.. but i think this on it the best. very cool weapons that fit well on his alt mode.. they combine together. i really like head mold more than i thought i would. the backpack looks great.. and it is actually connected to the figure.. and unlike most people, i like that he's mostly black. he was like that in the movie.. so.. the only paint apps i maybe would've like to seen is a continuation of the alt mode design.

the arm cannons are compatible with the '07 version.. but none of the weapons fit in his hands.

oh and.. recon ironhide & bludgeon look great together.

I finally got this figure. I haven't taken him out of the box yet. I'm excited. I have to say the lack of paint app on any of the new parts is a little disappointing, but I am going to use it for a custom anyways, so it really didn't matter.

Archived